Workshop on Science Intensive Applied Software
27 June – 1 July 2011, Novosibirsk, Akademgorodok, Russia
The Workshop on Science Intensive Applied Software is a satellite event of the 8th A.P. Ershov Informatics Conference (PSI’11) to be held by A.P. Ershov Institute of Informatics Systems in Akademgorodok.
The goal of the workshop is to present recent advances in applied software development, to introduce new software products and systems, and to provide a wide forum for discussions and exchange of ideas between
researchers from academia and industry, scientific and science-intensive software developers and customers.
- Information technologies and information systems
- Software for natural-science research
- Humanity science information systems
- Engineering computation and CAD packages
- CAM/CAE systems
- Production and technological process control
- Geoinformatics applications
- System programming
- Artificial Intelligence systems
- Information systems applications (multimedia, electronic publishing, digital collections, WWW information portals)
- Business applications
- Alexander Marchuk, A.P. Ershov Institute of Informatics Systems, Novosibirsk – Chair
- Zinaida Apanovich, A.P. Ershov Institute of Informatics Systems, Novosibirsk - Secretary
- Igor Agamirzyan, Russian Venture Company, Moscow
- Mikhail Bulyonkov, A. P. Ershov Institute of Informatics Systems, Novosibirsk
- Ivan Golosov, UniPro, Novosibirsk
- Viktor Ivannikov, Institute of System Programming, Moscow
- Vladimir Kateshov, CJSC “Centre RITM”, Novosibirsk
- Andrei Koltashev, JSC “Information Satellite Systems“ Reshetnev Company, Krasnoyarsk
- Mikhail Lavrentiev, Instutite of Automation and Electrometry, Novosibirsk State University, Novosibirsk
- Feodor Murzin, A.P. Ershov Institute of Informatics Systems, Novosibirsk
- Vladimir Philippov, A.P. Ershov Institute of Informatics Systems, Novosibirsk
- Viacheslav Nesterov, EMC, St. Petersburg
- Vitaly Sayapin, Intel, Novosibirsk
- Andrei Terekhov, St. Petersburg State University, St. Petersburg
- Irina Travina, SoftLab-NSK, Novosibirsk
- Jennifer Trelewicz, Microsoft Corporation, Moscow
- Stanislav Vasilyev, Institute of Control Sciences, Moscow
- Yuri Zagorulko, A.P. Ershov Institute of Informatics Systems, Novosibirsk
- Yuri Zybarev, Institute of Computational Mathematics and Mathematical Geophysics, Novosibirsk
The program will include contributed talks, panels, and demos of software systems. Working languages are Russian and English. Simultaneous translation will be provided.
The Workshop proceedings will be published as a special volume.
Contributed papers should be submitted by e-mail not later than April, 23, 2011. Papers should present original research results, description of application software projects, or science extensive software prototypes. Software demonstrations should be presented as posters. The papers have to be submitted as Word documents, and should not exceed 8 pages of text and illustrations (A4 format, 12-point Times New Roman). Submissions should also include abstract together with personal information including names, affiliation, phone and fax numbers, mailing addresses, and e-mail.
Information and Contacts
Terms of participation and additional information will appear later.
For information and participation requests please contact the Workshop PC Chair and Secretary at email listed below
Alexander Marchuk – email@example.com
Zinaida Apanovich – NPO_2011@iis.nsk.su
- April 23, 2011: submission deadline;
- May, 15, 2011: notification of acceptance (by e-mail);
- June 27- July 1, 2011: the workshop dates.